Friday, February 5, 2010

I heard if you work at Starbucks you have to sample all of their beverages and edibles, is that true?

I was recently hired for a new Starbucks as an AST, another new hire told me that we have to sample the drinks and snacks so as to suggest compatiable options, I have severe food allergy's to (Milk, Beef, Cheese and Eggs) and this is not an option for me since most of their products contain milk, and eggs.I heard if you work at Starbucks you have to sample all of their beverages and edibles, is that true?
I've never heard of this, but I'm sure if it's true and you simply explain to your boss your allergies they will understand. It's better to risk a job then your life (but you most likely won't even be risking your job).I heard if you work at Starbucks you have to sample all of their beverages and edibles, is that true?
thanks :)

Report Abuse



It's a good idea to sample everything so you have knowledge of the products when people ask about them, but of course you won't be forced to if you are allergic.





You will have to complete a 'coffee passport', though, where you taste all of the regular brewed coffee and describe the taste. But you taste them black (no cream, milk, or sugar), so you don't have to worry about your allergies.
I would think they would have to tell you something like that upon hiring you,,,because like me I do not drink coffee!!!


I do not think they could fire you either for something you was not told before they hired you if they try to fire you for it go to the unemployment office and ask them about it..
it's true. i was a starbucks barista for awhile. they're not gonna force you to sample anything you're allergic to as long as you tell them right away. some baristas are not coffee drinkers and it was ok. as long as you're able to describe the food and drinks to customers you'll be alright. =)
Although I'm sure sampling is an option (as well as a benefit for some!) but I doubt it's a requirement. Even if it is (which I highly doubt) they would have to make an exception due to your allergies. They wouldn't want to make you sick on the job!
It's true that you're supposed to, but I'm sure they'll make an exception for you because of your allergies. Don't worry.
If you sampled all the coffee at Starbucks you'll NEVER sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment